Join the 2015–2017 Advisory Board!
Update: All application responses have been mailed as of August 19, 2015, and should arrive within the next week. Please direct inquiries about unreceived responses or missing materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calling all Creative Kids!
The editors of CK are looking for members of its next advisory board. We love getting input from kids like you on new features and changes to the magazine. We are looking for a few good kids to help us make CK the best magazine by kids, for kids! Our ideal advisory board members will be creative, proactive, and outgoing.
Members of the Advisory Board will:
- serve for 2 years, from August 2015 to July 2017;
- provide feedback on the design and promotion of the magazine (please note, students will not be selecting or editing other students’ work);
- review books and products for the magazine’s Under Review column; and
- act as a group of creative contributors—each member will be required to submit at least 2 pieces of work for publication in the magazine or on the website to the editor.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please submit the following items to the CK editors:
1. A cover letter that includes:
- your name;
- your home address, phone number, and e-mail address;
- your age and date of birth; and
- 1–2 paragraphs explaining why you are a good candidate for the board, what you could contribute to the magazine, and why you are interested in serving as a member of the advisory board.
2. One letter of recommendation from a parent, teacher, or other adult.
3. Two work samples. These can be published or unpublished and should reflect anything you could submit to CK—poems, stories, artwork, essays, photographs, games, plays, or musical compositions. Your work should reflect your creativity! If you would like your work returned to you, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) with correct postage. No artwork larger than 8 1/2” x 11” will be accepted!
Applications and samples should be submitted on or before July 1, 2015, to Creative Kids, Attn: Advisory Board Search Committee, P.O. Box 8813, Waco, TX 76714-8813. Good luck!